- Are usually the gender forced to fight in the front lines in times of war because of conscription? (On a related note, men make up the vast majority of all casualties by gender.)
- Are just as abused physically, verbally, mentally and even sexually as women, yet their pleas for help are ignored, especially in cases of domestic violence, whether by a female or male partner? (This is a huge issue within the LGBT community.)
- Are not taken seriously when they are raped compared to women?
- Are beginning to underachieve compared to girls academically?
- Often lose custody of their children to the mother, despite them being just as, or even more competent than her, and are sometimes completely barred from seeing their kids for no justifiable reason whatsoever?
- Are verbally/physically harassed in public, yet no-one wants to help them because they're male, and they're supposed to stand up for themselves?
- Develop body and mental health issues either because of portrayals of men in the media, or issues like the ones I've listed above?
Men are victims too, not just women. Suffering is not only in the hands of one gender. I know it might be wrong to say this in regards to women living in the third world and similar countries, but women in the first world now largely have it easy. So why isn't it right to speak about men's issues? (Yes, I am aware of MRAs. But believe me, they're the male equivalent to radfems - they should just be ignored.)
Oh, and when I decided to update the tags to this, "men's rights" didn't appear in the suggestions bar. Make of that what you will.
Misandry is the hatred of men; like misogyny is the hatred of women.
For some reason, people know more about misogyny than misandry. I blame double standards.
I'm an anti-misandrist. Yes, I am female, before you ask. No, I don't hate women and think that men are the superior sex (Inb4 feminazis). I just hate these kinds of thoughts in society.
That, and I feel like I can relate to men more than women, which is probably why double standards about men piss me off so much.
There's not too many huge groups about MEN'S rights, sadly. We may listen to women's rights, but what about men? People seem to be ignoring the rights of men.
But I suppose not all men were like that because I found myself nice male friends. And so my thoughts and opinions on them changed. It's not the gender , it's the personality.
So I'm not a misandrist girl anymore , haha.
Sorry to hear about what happened, sometimes it has to be worse before it gets better which sucks
As a side note, I support females too. You all deserve the right to get out of the kitchen and be awesome! I wish everyone could work alongside the opposite sex and support them.
That's not a hyperbole. Nor is it any sort of an exaggeration. That's what almost happened to me when I was a baby. She attempted to murder me. And she still almost got custody of me and never faced charges because of the way women are viewed in this country once they give birth. Because apparently giving birth to someone and being their mother is the same thing. Well, it's not.
So, to all these extremist misandrysts trying to say that men are evil and don't deserve custody, I'm very likely not the only one who wouldn't be alive today if a "feminist"had their way when it comes to legislation. Feminism is equal rights for all genders. It is not misandry and it's not putting women above men.
Misogyny and misandry are hugely connected too. After all, if a man takes a more traditionally "feminine" job such as being a stay at home parent, than they might get discriminated against for it.
In my opinion it's not fair to say that misandry doesn't exist because not only are you ignoring one issue, but you're also ignoring the problems that tie in with it to misogyny.
A girl can be a tomboy, nearly all of the time it's perfectly acceptable
But if a boy does anything feminine, he gets bombed with accusations of being gay, called not a real man, etc.
To be a man, just identify as a man. Vice versa for women.
Yet some people have the nerve to say 'gender roles are worse for women' Then explain why tomboys get praised and feminine males get demonized
Men and Women deserve equal rights
I support this stamp.