- Are usually the gender forced to fight in the front lines in times of war because of conscription? (On a related note, men make up the vast majority of all casualties by gender.)
- Are just as abused physically, verbally, mentally and even sexually as women, yet their pleas for help are ignored, especially in cases of domestic violence, whether by a female or male partner? (This is a huge issue within the LGBT community.)
- Are not taken seriously when they are raped compared to women?
- Are beginning to underachieve compared to girls academically?
- Often lose custody of their children to the mother, despite them being just as, or even more competent than her, and are sometimes completely barred from seeing their kids for no justifiable reason whatsoever?
- Are verbally/physically harassed in public, yet no-one wants to help them because they're male, and they're supposed to stand up for themselves?
- Develop body and mental health issues either because of portrayals of men in the media, or issues like the ones I've listed above?
Men are victims too, not just women. Suffering is not only in the hands of one gender. I know it might be wrong to say this in regards to women living in the third world and similar countries, but women in the first world now largely have it easy. So why isn't it right to speak about men's issues? (Yes, I am aware of MRAs. But believe me, they're the male equivalent to radfems - they should just be ignored.)
Oh, and when I decided to update the tags to this, "men's rights" didn't appear in the suggestions bar. Make of that what you will.
Misandry is the hatred of men; like misogyny is the hatred of women.
For some reason, people know more about misogyny than misandry. I blame double standards.
I'm an anti-misandrist. Yes, I am female, before you ask. No, I don't hate women and think that men are the superior sex (Inb4 feminazis). I just hate these kinds of thoughts in society.
That, and I feel like I can relate to men more than women, which is probably why double standards about men piss me off so much.
There's not too many huge groups about MEN'S rights, sadly. We may listen to women's rights, but what about men? People seem to be ignoring the rights of men.
Just thought I share that because this stamp made me remember of that post xD
If they can take hatred of people as a joke, Then why can't they take stuff like ''meninism'' as a joke?
Girls can play "sports", but guys get laughed at when they do ballet?
Also that if a woman is attacking a man and he defends himself, he gets berated for "attacking a woman".... Because she's female!
People are generally nicer to females... Because they're female!
On a personal note, I hate when people continuously ask me if I'm *really* male.... And then tell me they "don't believe me".... Because I "look like a girl". I'm aware that I have a feminine face, guys! Something I find sweet, though, is that my boyfriend defends me. He will not allow anyone to disrespect me. He actually got pissed at my brother for calling me a girl.
And, for the personal note--it really is sweet for your boyfriend to defend you, your gender shouldn't have to be questioned
And not giving a shit what happens afterwards.
Like you're running through a field
And that field is this website
And you're throwing intolerance hand grenades all over the place.
Just leaving bombs for people to find (TrOLL bombs?) And not giving a shit what happens afterwards.
What the fuck are you doing, sir?